Castelnau des Fieumarcon
D563, 32700 Lagarde, France
The closest airports to fly to are Bordeaux, Toulouse and Bergerac.
Flying from Sweden:
Due to flight schedules, it might be cheaper and more convenient to book outbound and return flights via different airlines. Look on skyscanner.se or on websites of the below airlines.
- Arlanda to Bordeaux (Direct or via Oslo. This is a good option to fly from Sweden to Bordeaux on August 12 but Norweigan do not fly back from France to Sweden)
- Bergerac to Vasteras via Stansted. This works to fly back to Sweden from Bergerac on August 15, but not from Sweden to Bergerac due to timings.
- Skavsta to Bergerac/Bergerac to Skavsta (via London Standsted).
- Arlanda to Bordeaux/Bordeaux to Arlanda (various options, e.g. via Paris or Amsterdam)
- Arlanda to Toulouse/Toulouse to Arlanda
- Toulouse to Stockholm Bromma (Via Brussels)
Flying from the UK:
- London Heathrow to Bordeaux and Toulouse
- London Gatwick to Bordeaux and Toulouse
- London Luton to Bordeaux
- London Gatwick to Bordeaux
- London Stansted to Bergerac
Getting to and from the airport
If possible we highly recommend hiring a car to get around (also the best way to explore the beautiful surrounding area and villages!) Cars can be hired from Bordeaux, Toulouse, Bergerac or Agen. There is ample free parking at the village.
Guests interested in sharing transport should contact Charlotte and Sam once they have made their bookings, so we can put them in touch with other guests with corresponding journeys.
From Bordeaux airport to the village - 1 hour 45 mins
From Toulouse airport to the village - 1 hour 30 mins
From Bergerac airport to the village - 1 hour 50 mins
From Agen to the village - 45 mins
The nearest train station to the wedding is Agen.
Trains run to Agen from Bordeaux, Toulouse and Paris. A taxi fare from Agen to the village costs approx €60.
From Bordeaux Airport a shuttle bus to the train station, Bordeaux St Jean, costs €7.20. Shuttle bus takes 30 minutes and runs regularly throughout the day .
Bordeaux St Jean to Agen (€23.50). Train takes 1 hour 25 minutes and runs every two hours throughout the day.
From Toulouse Airport a shuttle bus to the train station, Toulouse Matabiau Station costs €8. Bus takes 20 minutes and runs every 20 minutes throughout the day.
Toulouse Matabiau Station to Agen (€23.50). Train takes approx one hour and there are up to two trains per hour.
Taxi from Toulouse Airport to Castelnau des Fieumarcon costs €95-110
Book your French train tickets (in English) here
Here are two local taxi firms (we in rural France, taxis should be booked in advance).
Mrs Esther Riu - Email: email@example.com, +33 (0)5 62 68 82 06
Mrs Jacky Lacoste - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, +33 (0)5 62 26 81 41 / +33 (0)6 21 62 61 24
Bus and minibus rentals (with driver)
Guillaume – Email: email@example.com, +33 (0)5 62 06 28 76/ +33 (0)6 71 45 36 58
Fancy doing your own Tour de France to get to the wedding (Tom?) - Be our guest!